Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >
Please remove ChatGPT option from KudoZ (Staff: removed)
Thread poster: ibz
Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 01:30
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
It doesn’t always do it at once Sep 19, 2023

You have to sometimes ask it subquestions before it does that. If I type in a word+some context in Google I am usually quickly at the target.

Whether something is a false friend or not I can quickly identify based on whether it makes sense in my context.

Mr. Satan (X)

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Gotta agree with Ling on this one. Sep 19, 2023

My preferred search engine incorporates AI to summarize results, though. So I suppose I'm kinda cheating.

For the record, I don't use Google or Bing. I have no idea how do they perform nowadays.

[Edited at 2023-09-19 13:09 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... and the silence of the ProZ moderators continues as well Sep 20, 2023

@ProZ moderators:
Can we get an answer to our questions here? It doesn't make sense to introduce a feature, asking for improvements and then keeping silent if comments are not so good.
(And no: I'm not saying that ChatGPT is useless everywhere, but it is as used in KudoZ ...)

texjax DDS PhD
P.L.F. Persio
Alison MacG
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Philip Lees
Barbara Carrara

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 00:30
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A confused bot Sep 21, 2023

I can see a post was removed and which contained a Kudoz question in one of my language pairs.
It's not just the translation suggestions that ChatGPT offers, but also the examples it gives in the body of the answer.
From what I've seen of this question, it seems to me that the bot is very confused! It mixes Portuguese from Portugal with Portuguese from Brazil. It doesn't know how to use personal pronouns.
This is yet another reason why nobody should trust this feature and it j
... See more
I can see a post was removed and which contained a Kudoz question in one of my language pairs.
It's not just the translation suggestions that ChatGPT offers, but also the examples it gives in the body of the answer.
From what I've seen of this question, it seems to me that the bot is very confused! It mixes Portuguese from Portugal with Portuguese from Brazil. It doesn't know how to use personal pronouns.
This is yet another reason why nobody should trust this feature and it just proves how useless it is.
I've used this option myself out of curiosity for the first time, but I have no intention of using it in the future.
Collapse

ibz

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Removal of post Sep 22, 2023

Rule 3.7.
Commentary on askers or answerers, and their postings or decisions to post, is not allowed.
Comments or insinuations concerning an answerer's or asker's experience or profile, his/her decision to post a certain question or answer, grade or close a question in a certain way, make a certain glossary entry, etc., are strictly prohibited (whether posted publicly, made directly to the person in question, or made to another site user).

Just to be sure: Were these po
... See more
Rule 3.7.
Commentary on askers or answerers, and their postings or decisions to post, is not allowed.
Comments or insinuations concerning an answerer's or asker's experience or profile, his/her decision to post a certain question or answer, grade or close a question in a certain way, make a certain glossary entry, etc., are strictly prohibited (whether posted publicly, made directly to the person in question, or made to another site user).

Just to be sure: Were these posts removed because they questioned ChatGPT's experience? How can we discuss this feature if we're not allowed to do this or comment on the quality of its answers?

[Edited at 2023-09-22 06:13 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis
Dr. Matthias Schauen
Alison MacG
Jennifer Levey
Philip Lees
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:30
Greek to English
Me too Sep 22, 2023

ibz wrote:

Rule 3.7.

Just to be sure: Were these posts removed because they questioned ChatGPT's experience? How can we discuss this feature if we're not allowed to do this or comment on the quality of its answers?

I was wondering the same thing. Are we to understand that ChatGPT now enjoys the status of a full member of ProZ?

expressisverbis
Alison MacG
Zea_Mays
Jennifer Levey
ibz
Daryo

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
deleted posts Sep 22, 2023

ibz wrote:

One of the posts was the one where I linked to the latest ChatGPT answer,
and I got a message stating the rule you mentioned and
"Commentary on KudoZ askers or answerers, and their postings or decisions to post, is not allowed."

Here's GPT's Kudoz list: https://www.proz.com/profile/670924?popup=kudoz&mode=answered

[Bearbeitet am 2023-09-22 07:58 GMT]

expressisverbis
Philip Lees
Jennifer Levey
writeaway

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
wow Sep 22, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

Here's GPT's Kudoz list: https://www.proz.com/profile/670924?popup=kudoz&mode=answered

that's quite a few people using the option.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I would add to the questions asked Sep 22, 2023

Philip Lees wrote:

ibz wrote:

Rule 3.7.

I was wondering the same thing. Are we to understand that ChatGPT now enjoys the status of a full member of ProZ?

Are Humans being compared to ChatGPT?
As far as I know it's not a person (a human being regarded as an individual)... or is it, staff? I think you will need to rephrase that rule now.

Zea_Mays
ibz
Philip Lees

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
The point is another Sep 22, 2023

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

Zea_Mays wrote:

Well, "quite a few" is relative... Think about how many people ask questions on Kudoz in many langugage combinations compared to this list...
As said, I think many of the askers are just curious,
one of the last ones even opted for allowing an AI answer by mistake.

But the usage numbers are not the point, it is the bot's average performance.
I don't think there is a Proz user with that disagreement rate.

ibz
expressisverbis
Philip Lees
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Serbian to English
+ ...
Unfortunately Sep 23, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

Zea_Mays wrote:

Well, "quite a few" is relative... Think about how many people ask questions on Kudoz in many langugage combinations compared to this list...
As said, I think many of the askers are just curious,
one of the last ones even opted for allowing an AI answer by mistake.

But the usage numbers are not the point, it is the bot's average performance.
I don't think there is a Proz user with that disagreement rate.

Unfortunately, I could think of at least one human user who managed to achieve a very impressive rate of "barrage disagrees" on practically each and every of his answers before quitting. OK, that's one of very few outliers, the average Proz member is ways above this bot.

Anyway, that won't change the strange fact that this ChatGPT bot is somehow considered as a "normal" user - the equal of a human user whose feelings ought not to be hurt by questioning its competence!

[Edited at 2023-09-23 21:35 GMT]

ibz

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 19:30
Spanish to English
+ ...
@Giovanni Sep 24, 2023

Zea_Mays wrote:

Actually, the number of unique users of the AI option is somewhat smaller than the number of colleagues who have "Agreed" with the OP's plea to remove ChatGPT from Kudoz:
https://www2.proz.com/forum/prozcom_translator_coop/363811-please_remove_chatgpt_from_kudoz.html#3011377

On balance, I'd only use 'wow' in respect of the bot's dismal Kudoz points record and its inability to attract repeat users.

ibz
Philip Lees
Christopher Schröder
expressisverbis
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Barbara Carrara

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Invented explanations Sep 25, 2023

Let's see if we can discuss the quality of ChatGPT's answers / explanations.
For example to this question:
https://www2.proz.com/kudoz/english-to-german/construction-civil-engineering/7151740-"de-characterized-dam".html?phpv_redirected=1

The answer as well as the explanations are cle
... See more
Let's see if we can discuss the quality of ChatGPT's answers / explanations.
For example to this question:
https://www2.proz.com/kudoz/english-to-german/construction-civil-engineering/7151740-"de-characterized-dam".html?phpv_redirected=1

The answer as well as the explanations are clearly made up:
There is no such thing as a "decharakterisierter Damm" but ChatGPT just invents some sentences, saying that this term does in fact exist. Complete nonsense, if you ask me.
Collapse

Emily Gilby
Zea_Mays
Aurélien ARPAZ

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please remove ChatGPT option from KudoZ (Staff: removed)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »