Recommended tools for machine translation
Thread poster: sneha15
sneha15
sneha15
Local time: 21:35
Dec 28, 2021

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions on good-quality machine translation tool specifically for Japanese>English pair.

I have been using the licensed version of ATLAS (from Fujitsu), but am now looking for another tool that is a notch better in terms of quality of translation and flexibility of handling various file formats.

Would appreciate any/all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:05
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
There must be something wrong with your ProZ profile Dec 28, 2021

Hi Sneha,

There must be something wrong with your ProZ profile. In my interface your message looks like something a robot could have sent but when I click on your profile name you seem to be a long-standing member.

Strange,
Gerard

[Edited at 2021-12-28 18:17 GMT]

sneha15

RoyMarie
RoyMarie
United States
Local time: 09:05
JP MT Tool Dec 28, 2021

Have you tried ModernMT ?

You can run some tests here: https://www.modernmt.com/translate/

It will also allow you to train your MT engine for your specific work using your TM and glossary in sentence formats if you use the MateCat tool which is available for free or Trados

sneha15

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:05
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
No title Dec 28, 2021

I think the best MT tools are always those few names, regardless of language pairs. Did I miss something here?

sneha15

sneha15
sneha15
Local time: 21:35
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the sharing this. Let me check what's the issue Jan 3, 2022

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Hi Sneha,

There must be something wrong with your ProZ profile. In my interface your message looks like something a robot could have sent but when I click on your profile name you seem to be a long-standing member.

Strange,
Gerard

[Edited at 2021-12-28 18:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommended tools for machine translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »