What parts of this manual for a business system should I translate from English into Swedish?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 16:20
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2010

What parts of this manual for a business system should I translate from English into Swedish?

Configuration data for the business logic of the application bl.config contains the following settings:

XXX XXX Business Server

Servicename is the name of the service of the businesslogic in Windows services.
The installation will set the value.
This must not be changed.

true

I'm translating a
... See more

Configuration data for the business logic of the application bl.config contains the following settings:

XXX XXX Business Server

Servicename is the name of the service of the businesslogic in Windows services.
The installation will set the value.
This must not be changed.

true

I'm translating a lot of .ttx files now and none of the other .ttx files I've translated so far have contained similar configuration data references, nothing in the form of .

Should I just leave anything within untranslated?
For example, 480 should not be translated at all?
Or should I translate that within citation marks as well as between a pair of translate this?? And leave the directory paths untranslated?

I don't think this business system is yet localized into Swedish.

[Edited at 2010-11-10 06:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-11-10 06:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-11-10 06:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-11-10 06:25 GMT]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:20
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask your customer! Nov 10, 2010

Personally I think it would be best to discuss this with your customer...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »