Thread poster: Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:49
English to Spanish
Jul 26, 2010

Dear All,

I hope you can help me with this issue. An agency sent me an lspkg file as a test to translate it with LocStudio 6.1. I translated and resized it, and sent the lspkg file back. The reviewer complained the file was not translated. I checked (reopened) the file I sent, I saw it was translated (right click in project tree view > Open Translation), made an screen capture and sent both files again to the agency.

Today, the reviewer complained that the lspkg file is
... See more
Dear All,

I hope you can help me with this issue. An agency sent me an lspkg file as a test to translate it with LocStudio 6.1. I translated and resized it, and sent the lspkg file back. The reviewer complained the file was not translated. I checked (reopened) the file I sent, I saw it was translated (right click in project tree view > Open Translation), made an screen capture and sent both files again to the agency.

Today, the reviewer complained that the lspkg file is still not translated, and sent an screen capture showing untranslated segments. I opened the sent file again, and I stated it is indeed translated. I sent the file to a translator colleague to have a second opinion, and she told me she saw all segments translated.

Does anybody have any idea why is this happening? The only reason for this that I can think of is that the PM is sending the untranslated file to the reviewer every time. Is there any setting in LocStudio that can create this behaviour? I worked a lot with LocStudio 4.8 and never happened something like this. I want to be 200% sure everything is OK with the file before going any further.

Thank you very much for your help. This file has been bouncing back and forth for two weeks already and I would like to bring this issue to an end.

Regards,
Roberto
Collapse

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Change the file name Jul 26, 2010

Roberto,

To rule out that the reviewer is not opening the wrong file, try changing the file name of the file you are sending. I think this should cause a problem in LocStudio.

Ask the reviewer to send you a screenshot of what she/he is seeing where you can see also the file name.

Once you are sure, she has your file, ask her to make a change (or add a translation) and send you her file back. Try to see if you can see her change.

Or... you can a
... See more
Roberto,

To rule out that the reviewer is not opening the wrong file, try changing the file name of the file you are sending. I think this should cause a problem in LocStudio.

Ask the reviewer to send you a screenshot of what she/he is seeing where you can see also the file name.

Once you are sure, she has your file, ask her to make a change (or add a translation) and send you her file back. Try to see if you can see her change.

Or... you can also ask the PM to ask one of the engineers in the translation company to have a look at the issue.

Daniel
Collapse

Roberto Alberdi
Roberto Alberdi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:49
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Issue just closed Oct 4, 2010

Dear All,

Finally, the LSP sent the review of the test translation, so I understand they found the file was indeed translated. What I did was to send the three files (lspkg, edb and lsp) packed in a RAR archive, and asked the PM to send this compressed file to the grader, instead of extracting the files. I am pretty sure the PM was sending the untranslated files to the grader and not the ones I sent her back.

Thank you Daniel for your answer.

Regards,
... See more
Dear All,

Finally, the LSP sent the review of the test translation, so I understand they found the file was indeed translated. What I did was to send the three files (lspkg, edb and lsp) packed in a RAR archive, and asked the PM to send this compressed file to the grader, instead of extracting the files. I am pretty sure the PM was sending the untranslated files to the grader and not the ones I sent her back.

Thank you Daniel for your answer.

Regards,
Roberto

[Edited at 2010-10-04 10:01 GMT]
Collapse

eglobaleyes
eglobaleyes
United States
Local time: 14:49
Did you solve the problem? Oct 27, 2010

Roberto Alberdi wrote:

Dear All,

Today, the reviewer complained that the lspkg file is still not translated, and sent an screen capture showing untranslated segments. I opened the sent file again, and I stated it is indeed translated. I sent the file to a translator colleague to have a second opinion, and she told me she saw all segments translated.

Does anybody have any idea why is this happening? The only reason for this that I can think of is that the PM is sending the untranslated file to the reviewer every time. Is there any setting in LocStudio that can create this behaviour? I worked a lot with LocStudio 4.8 and never happened something like this. I want to be 200% sure everything is OK with the file before going any further.

Thank you very much for your help. This file has been bouncing back and forth for two weeks already and I would like to bring this issue to an end.

Regards,
Roberto

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LocStudio: I say the lspkg file is translated, the reviewer says it is not

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »