English to French
+ ...
Mar 3, 2009

Hi, I need an online collaborative tool, that:

- is PHP SQL based

- displays strings separately

- differentiates translator and proofreader

- warns me of untranslated strings.

Sorry, maybe this question was already answered, but I definitely don't have time to read all the threads here.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:30
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Online CAT Mar 3, 2009

There are lots of on-line CAT, but usually you don't know what kind of programming language they are built with. Try Across. But if you have no time reading the fora you'll have a hard ride putting any new software into use and to your advantage.
Regards
Heinrich

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:30
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx but not Across Mar 4, 2009

Thanks Heinrich for this quick answer

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
There are lots of on-line CAT, but usually you don't know what kind of programming language they are built with.

What kind of programming language they are built with, I may not always know, although it's usually revealed on their websites. But what kind of language they require, I always know by going to their websites and reading the requirements section.

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
Try Across.

Thank you but no. For the following reasons:

1) Across server is not PHP/MySQL, and I specified I needed PHP/MySQL

2) Across server requires Windows as a server OS. By talking of a CMS and specifying PHP/MySQL, I "obviously" meant something that can be installed on any server, especially Apache on Unix of course

3) By specifying that the cms must display the strings separately, I "obviously" implied that there are fields that are editable online, just in a web browser, without installing additional client software.

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
But if you have no time reading the fora you'll have a hard ride putting any new software into use and to your advantage.

I do regret that, but it just happens that I am working now, there are hundreds of threads and no stickers. Reading Proz fora would require me stopping my work for quite a few hours.

I am also already able to install any PHP/MySQL system, provided the server meets the requirements of course. Using it quickly and conveniently after install can be more tricky, I fully agree with you about that. But then there are specific users' forums on almost all CMSs' websites.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software strings PHP/SQL CMS

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »