Jana Zajicova
Jana Zajicova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2007)
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 9, 2008

Hello,

I would like to prepare some HTML files for translation in WordFast using the Rainbow utility (version 3). http://www.translate.com/technology/tools/Rainbow.html#prep

I opened Rainbow and selected one of the HTML files. Then I clicked on Tools and on Prepare for Translation, where I highlighted the 2nd option - Original file with RTF layer for W
... See more
Hello,

I would like to prepare some HTML files for translation in WordFast using the Rainbow utility (version 3). http://www.translate.com/technology/tools/Rainbow.html#prep

I opened Rainbow and selected one of the HTML files. Then I clicked on Tools and on Prepare for Translation, where I highlighted the 2nd option - Original file with RTF layer for Wordfast. After hitting Execute, I was told:

The folder C:... something already exists.
Do you want to clean its current content (including any sub-folders);

I clicked on Yes and got an error message:

Start: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 13:39:02
===========================================================================
Preparation For Translation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Input: C:..(path)...html
WARNING- WinZip command-line Add-On not found. No ZIP file will be created.

===========================================================================
End: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 13:40:07
At least one error or warning occurred during the process.

Any suggestions? I should add that this was my first experience with Rainbow.
Collapse

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:09
English to Swedish
+ ...
Winzip-related? Sep 10, 2008

Jana Zajicova wrote:

Hmm, this indicates that Rainbow is interacting with Winzip?!

What version of Winzip are you running?

Since Rainbow itself is on the verge of obsolete, I guess it was coded to work with an older version of Winzip.
With the recent development over the last 3-4 years, Winzip has become even more persistent nagware/bloatware. Older Winzip builds were more generous.

If you have the latest version, it might be a good idea to downgrade to an earlier version.

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:09
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
preparing some HTML files for translation in WordFast using the Rainbow utility (version 3) Sep 14, 2008

Jana Zajicova wrote:

Translation, where I highlighted the 2nd option - Original file with RTF layer for Wordfast. After hitting Execute, I was told:

The folder C:... something already exists.
Do you want to clean its current content (including any sub-folders);

That is a Windows information that the file name you wanted to create, already exists. It is not corellated to Rainbow 3.

And this means that the filename wanted to absorb the zip-extension of one of the files in the said folder, i.e. the windows helper suggests too much, but you try to be careful non to accept its suggestions.

Any suggestions? I should add that this was my first experience with Rainbow.

It is not a problem with Rainbow. Maybe you should use, for the sake of richer features, a version 4, which will require an installation of Windows Net Framework 1.
On the other side, there is a newer and much more updated Rainbow version, continued under Okapi set of tools, which requrie Windows NET Framework 2. In order not to install to much of the Windows supporting frame, it is best to stay with Rainbow 3 you already have, install Win NET Frameworking 2, and instal Okapi set of tools. You may even try its alligner: Olifant.

dragomir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rainbow - preparing HTML files for translation in WordFast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »