Thread poster: Stéphanie Bellumat
Stéphanie Bellumat
Stéphanie Bellumat
Local time: 10:02
English to French
+ ...
Aug 26, 2008

Dear colleagues,

A direct client has asked me to translate his website. All similar projects I have done so far, were through translation agencies, who have always provided me with HTMLs that I have translated in TagEditor.

This time, I have received GIF and Shockwave files besides the usual HTMLs. I was wondering if there was a simple GIF editor available on the Web (those GIF files just reproduce the buttons - Welcome, Contact, etc.)? Also, can someone tell me what is
... See more
Dear colleagues,

A direct client has asked me to translate his website. All similar projects I have done so far, were through translation agencies, who have always provided me with HTMLs that I have translated in TagEditor.

This time, I have received GIF and Shockwave files besides the usual HTMLs. I was wondering if there was a simple GIF editor available on the Web (those GIF files just reproduce the buttons - Welcome, Contact, etc.)? Also, can someone tell me what is the best way to localize SFW files? Or maybe I should leave that up to the client?

In anticipation, thank you for your help.

Stéphanie
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:02
German to Spanish
To translate Aug 26, 2008

The Buttons and SWFs you will need the complete "Site", also, the Webmaster Folder, where you could change the text in the buttons, and if the FLA (SWF is just a "zipped" FLA file) is good made, the text should be in a txt file linked as XML to the "film".

The best is if the webmaster send to you as Excel file a list with the buttons, and the text inside SWFs as *.txt file.

Regards

[Edited at 2008-08-26 15:46]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

gif and shockwave files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »