Christina Bergmann
Christina Bergmann
Germany
Local time: 22:24
English to German
+ ...
Sep 18, 2009

Hi guys,

This is very, very forward from me, and I would like to apologise beforehand for my cheekiness, but you see me in a tight spot and I just know no other way.

I just got an offer for an internship in London.

Problem is, I am currently living in Germany. And the lady organising this advised me to find some place to stay with friends or family.
But as I have neither in London, I am turning to you.

I have already posted a request unde
... See more
Hi guys,

This is very, very forward from me, and I would like to apologise beforehand for my cheekiness, but you see me in a tight spot and I just know no other way.

I just got an offer for an internship in London.

Problem is, I am currently living in Germany. And the lady organising this advised me to find some place to stay with friends or family.
But as I have neither in London, I am turning to you.

I have already posted a request under http://www.proz.com/exchange/2320
for a room in London.
And I just try to draw a bit more attention to this, as it is really important to me to get that internship.
The internship is to last until a least January, as far as the posting read, but could be extended.

I get paid 1,000 GBP, so that's really little to live off in London, as you know. That's making it just a tad more difficult.

Do you know some way or some where? All I need is a room with a bed and a cupboard actually.

Of course I could just spend hours on end without coming up with suitable accommodation. And that's why I chose to be forward for once in my live.

Any messages appreciated.
Thanks
Christina

If you have a room to rent I would like to say a few words about me:
I am a 22-year-old non-smoking German girl but do not mind smokers around me. I don't drink, I don't listen to loud music and I don't usually stay up late or go out. I am not the tidiest of people on earth, but I do household work and keep my things and surroundings clean and clear.
I am fairly quiet and like to listen. I seem to mix best with people who are older than me in years and thoughts (probably due to the fact that I have spent years living with my grandparents).

The company that would be able to give me the internship is located near Camden Market.
This post was edited to delete all information that could be used to identify the company.

[Bearbeitet am 2009-09-18 21:31 GMT]
Collapse

marie-christine périé
marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Have you tried Gumtree? Sep 18, 2009

http://www.gumtree.com/london-flatshare-offered.html

(Congratulations for your internship!)
Marie-Christine

Lenah Susianty
Lenah Susianty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:24
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
easy share Sep 18, 2009

or try http://uk.easyroommate.com/south-east/london-flatshare?gclid=COSZuIDy-5wCFc0B4wodGHlNag

don't forget to put the post code of the are where you will have your internship at, in order to get a place nearby, otherwise you will have to travel a lot (travel cost in London is really expensive!)

good luck

lenah

Beatrice Mary Blackett Espinosa
Beatrice Mary Blackett Espinosa  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hiya Christina - maybe you could try looking for a flatshare ... Sep 18, 2009

Hiya Christina: you could try looking for a room in a shared house on: gumtree.co.uk, or flatmate.com, roomshare etc there are quite a few websites. I think you are going to be in North London by the sounds of things so maybe try seaching for things 'North of the River' or North if you want to live in the same area as your work-although it might be that you could find something perhaps not in the same area but with good travel links to it! Take care and good luck !!! Beatrice

Christina Bergmann
Christina Bergmann
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gumtree Sep 18, 2009

Thanks guys,
Gumtree, flatmate and the like are really good sites.

I'll page through them.
If you still know something apart from that, please let me know.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:24
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Craigslist Sep 19, 2009

Hi Christina,
Try this:

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/

I've always had great results with craigslist.

Christina Bergmann
Christina Bergmann
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 22, 2009

Thank you all for you help.

I just sent off an e-mail stating that I am unable to take the internship.
My grandmother is in hospital - she broke her leg tonight.
Now, I am staying with her and my grandpa, as they need a driver and a cook and just generally someone who is there with them.

Thanks again for your comments and your help.
All the best
Christina

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oh my! Sep 22, 2009

Christina Heger wrote:
My grandmother is in hospital - she broke her leg tonight.

Oh my goodness. That's sad to hear. I hope she recovers nicely and soon! Good luck Christina.

Greetings from Spain
Tomás

Christina Bergmann
Christina Bergmann
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Tomás Sep 22, 2009

Thank you Tomás.
I hope she gets well soon. - I'll see her in a few days.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Where to live in London

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »