Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 2, 2010

Hi all,

Antonin shared some macros. Thank you for that!

Do you know this source: http://www.trans-k.co.uk/transit_d.html ?

Some very nice macros too!

Hans

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 17:59
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
two remarks with respect to macros in Transit May 2, 2010

(1) I shared the macros mainly to clarify the syntax; I suppose we all have our needs so it was not an attempt at saying my macros would be useful for anyone beyond me.

(2) At the beginning NXT, no macros worked in NXT at all, and neither did customised keyboard shortcuts - so I resorted to AutoHotKeys for this purpose. This feature (both these features?) may have been corrected in NXT by now, but I do not care anymor
... See more
(1) I shared the macros mainly to clarify the syntax; I suppose we all have our needs so it was not an attempt at saying my macros would be useful for anyone beyond me.

(2) At the beginning NXT, no macros worked in NXT at all, and neither did customised keyboard shortcuts - so I resorted to AutoHotKeys for this purpose. This feature (both these features?) may have been corrected in NXT by now, but I do not care anymore since AHK gives me a higher degree of freedom with the trigger shortcuts.

Antonin
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Macros May 2, 2010

Antoní­n Otáhal wrote:

(2) At the beginning NXT, no macros worked in NXT at all, and neither did customised keyboard shortcuts - so I resorted to AutoHotKeys for this purpose. This feature (both these features?) may have been corrected in NXT by now, but I do not care anymore since AHK gives me a higher degree of freedom with the trigger shortcuts.

Antonin

I use Macro Toolworks *and* the built-in macro language. Not everything that is possible with the built-in language can be done with MTW, for instance because not all buttons have mnemonics. AMOF, talking about mnemonics: many buttons have the same &shortcut to select them. I'm not sure if this is fixed in SP 2.

Hans

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 17:59
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Quick Access Toolbar in NXT May 2, 2010

Not sure I understand this statement:

many buttons have the same &shortcut to select them

You mean NXT? The action is given by the sequence of letters - first you choose the "tab group" and then from among its commands (there may be more than two such levels, s a matter of fact); these sequences are unambiguous, AFAIK - but I am not sure if I speak about the same thing as you do here.

And, back to the title of my contribution, the Quick Access Toolbar in NXT comes really handy (and its usability would be even better if you could change the predefined icons, or at last assign one if there is none; but after using it long enough I can identify the commmands by their positions on the toolbar anyway).

NXT may be a bit "half-baked" compared to XV, and I obviously do not appreciate all those bells and whistles as much as the programmers who planned them; anyway, I take Transit NXT for one of the best CAT tools out there and use it as my primary translating tool.

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sharing Transit macros

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »