Will my new computer be enough for Studio 2022?
Thread poster: Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:29
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 22

I've just bought a new computer: 64 GB RAM, Intel i9 Gen 13 processor.

Let's see if this will be enough to run Studio 2022 without crashes...

Stay tuned.

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:29
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Hah Jan 22

Bet you anything it still feels sluggish!

Dan

Denis Fesik
Denis Fesik
Local time: 17:29
English to Russian
+ ...
I'd test Trados on big files Jan 22

Very big. One file I had contained about 150k words, and Trados would take a minute or two to open it and would then crash in less than one minute, every time. The document didn't have any fancy formatting, it was just big. I completed the job in memoQ, which worked like a charm. Don't know where Trados has its limit beyond which it begins to fail like toppling dominoes, but that limit seems to be there. I'd also test mQ on huge segments, which is where it always performs poorly regardless of ho... See more
Very big. One file I had contained about 150k words, and Trados would take a minute or two to open it and would then crash in less than one minute, every time. The document didn't have any fancy formatting, it was just big. I completed the job in memoQ, which worked like a charm. Don't know where Trados has its limit beyond which it begins to fail like toppling dominoes, but that limit seems to be there. I'd also test mQ on huge segments, which is where it always performs poorly regardless of how fast your computer is (or so I think). Who knows if a super-big RAM and a super-advanced CPU won't solve all those problems

[Edited at 2024-01-22 17:21 GMT]
Collapse

Magnus Rubensson

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:29
English to Russian
Wicked tongues Jan 22

[Edited at 2024-01-22 19:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Will my new computer be enough for Studio 2022?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »