What can I translate Conform to in Swedish as the fourth stage in the subtitling process?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 18:51
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 7, 2022

What can I translate Conform to in Swedish as the fourth stage in the subtitling process?

I found this definition of the term here:

https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/319112-complex_conform_and_origination_meaning.html
Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and nee
... See more

I found this definition of the term here:

https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/319112-complex_conform_and_origination_meaning.html
Complex Conform is a rather complicated way of saying: We have an existing subtitle file and need to conform it to the video provided by our client.

It seems to be about formatting of file formats:

capitalcaptions.com/subtitles-and-captioning/video-production-and-audio-to-text-services/
Adding English subtitles to video involves three basic processes: transcription, time coding and formatting. At Capital Captions, we cover them all.

So the four stages in the subtitling process, in Swedish, would be:

1) Transkribering (transcribing)
2) Tidskodning (time-coding, spotting, time-cueing, cueing, timing)
3) Översättning (translation, subtitling)
4) Conform (is there any translation to Swedish for this term?)
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
EMT file (English Master Template file) Sep 7, 2022

I think conform has to do with the usage or not of an English Master Template file. In Swedish, using an EMT file would be Andraöversättning, without it it would be Förstaöversättning. So that you use an EMT file or not for the actual subtitling (translation). Then I suppose there is a third possibility, which is to create the EMT file.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Conformance - Transkodning or Omkodning? Sep 9, 2022

Conformance is about the technical part of subtitling, but what can it be called in Swedish? Transkodning? Or Omkodning?

I found this website where Conformance is listed under Transcoding:

https://pixlo.se/

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Medietextarna Sep 10, 2022

Probably better ask Medietextarna.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »