Anybody using ErrorSpy?
Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 9, 2008

I am thinking of buying a QA tool and I came across ErrorSpy from D.O.G. Looks interesting, although a bit too Trados/Transit minded. Could you share your experience or do have have any advice regarding alternatives?

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:35
German to English
Useful for consistency Jul 9, 2008

I've worked on projects in which ErrorSpy was used by the agency to monitor the work of several translators. It was handy for identifying mismatched numbers, inconsistent usage in translations of identical source segments, etc. It also generated pages of false positives (misidentified errors) in some cases. I think the expense would be justified if you had a large volume of translations on a single topic/product and wanted to be absolutely consistent beyond what you might achieve using a CAT t... See more
I've worked on projects in which ErrorSpy was used by the agency to monitor the work of several translators. It was handy for identifying mismatched numbers, inconsistent usage in translations of identical source segments, etc. It also generated pages of false positives (misidentified errors) in some cases. I think the expense would be justified if you had a large volume of translations on a single topic/product and wanted to be absolutely consistent beyond what you might achieve using a CAT tool alone, or if you worked with a team and needed to assure uniformity. As with any tool, it has its limits.

ApSIC Xbench
http://www.apsic.com/en/products_xbench.html
accomplishes much the same thing in may respects and is available at no cost.
They also make a comparator which allows you to review changes made to a translation by a reviewer.
Collapse

Hüseyin Mergan
Hüseyin Mergan  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
ErrorSpy Jul 9, 2008

I used it. It is good, but seems unstable and not practical. I prefer QA Distiller. SDL's QA tools is also good but light:))

Alexis Pejouan (X)
Alexis Pejouan (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:35
English to French
+ ...
Still unstable Mar 6, 2014

I'm trying it now and I can't even start checking the file - it's friggin' slow and keeps crashing!

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:35
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Verifika Apr 2, 2014

A good tool in every aspect. Highly recommended.

Flix Translations Group LLC
Flix Translations Group LLC
United States
Local time: 12:35
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Totally agree! Sep 9, 2014

Verifika is a great quality assurance tool. It helps fix mechanical errors very easily and fast. You do not have to open the files in any other CAT tool to correct the errors, everything is integrated in Verifika. It helps us with tight deadlines, especially with very big files in which you want to correct faster. Its functions and options are very comprehensive and everything we need (and more) is there! We are really happy with this tool and encourage other colleagues to use it too. See more o... See more
Verifika is a great quality assurance tool. It helps fix mechanical errors very easily and fast. You do not have to open the files in any other CAT tool to correct the errors, everything is integrated in Verifika. It helps us with tight deadlines, especially with very big files in which you want to correct faster. Its functions and options are very comprehensive and everything we need (and more) is there! We are really happy with this tool and encourage other colleagues to use it too. See more on http://e-verifika.com/Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody using ErrorSpy?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »