Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: Now you have him on all angles Plus A homage to last week's forum posters
Thread poster: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ce n'est pas grave. Oct 1, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Sandra,
Sorry about the misunderstanding - I had not read the thread in question in full, but should have.

Best regards, Ralf

Cheerfully and
Gladfully,
accepted, Ralf!
:):)

LinguaText (X)
LinguaText (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Door ajar... Oct 2, 2003

Well-lit on Chinese version

[Edited at 2003-10-03 01:01]

Jason Roberts
Jason Roberts  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:57
Dutch to English
+ ...
For lots of Jerome.... Oct 2, 2003

http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/stj06002.htm

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do you feel? Oct 3, 2003

Jérôme Haushalter wrote: Jérôme

Having a saint patron of the same name, is it a blessing or a professional challenge for you?
Do you feel special? Do you feel you have to live up to such a great name?

Thanks for the pictures!

I hope you follow Pamela's example by choosing a St Jerome painting for your icon as well.
Imagine Jerome with Jerome...

Jérôme Haushalter
Jérôme Haushalter
France
Local time: 05:57
English to French
+ ...
(Saint) Jérôme Oct 3, 2003

CHENOUMI wrote:

Jérôme Haushalter wrote: Jérôme

Having a saint patron of the same name, is it a blessing or a professional challenge for you?
Do you feel special? Do you feel you have to live up to such a great name?

Thanks for the pictures!

I hope you follow Pamela's example by choosing a St Jerome painting for your icon as well.
Imagine Jerome with Jerome...

I discovered quite recently that St Jerome was translators' patron saint, I was already involved in the translation business at that time (a few months ago). I like the coincidence, that's all!
I come from a family, where we talked a lot about languages and being multicultural. Both my parents are bilingual alsatian-french (they started learning french at school), and my father speaks perfect german. But I don't know how they chose my name!

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Life lessons Oct 3, 2003

CHENOUMI wrote:

I wish to pay tribute to Claudia Iglesias, Jack Doughty (who replicated Claudia's thread), Borana Moisiu and to all the positive contributors who participated in their respective threads, for taking the time to share good jokes and their own experiences.

"Why expose myself to unwarranted attacks, negative comments and risk bad judgment?"

That's why in tribute to those who brought me great respite in the form of damn good laugh, last week, I acknowledge them by saying: THANK YOU!

Pardon me for .... voicing outrage in reaction to today's escalating events.

And life is also ironic!

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 05:57
English to Dutch
+ ...
No need for all this Oct 3, 2003

CHENOUMI wrote:

Were you concerned and bothered by the 'lack of verification'? And later, in two other posts in French and English. Could you then kindly go to all five fora and express there your profound "concern" to the posters who have repeated the same topic? That way, you could better and more appropriately convey your 'worry' about the habit that "people don't seem to check other posts before posting something."

Sometimes, the same member does post an identical subject in two languages consecutively, have you ever been as concerned?

To ease your concern, do you feel that the ProZ.com forum board belongs to a couple of members exclusively, and they should be the only ones to have a "posting" privilege?

[Edited at 2003-10-02 20:59]

That's not my point, Sandra.
And I'm not 'profoundly' concerned.

Just trying to point out -in general- that we should start using the search function more often before posting something new, especially since more and more people start using the forums more often.
I should have worded my previous posting differently.

By the way, the Translators Day topic appears only once in the Events' forum now. The other posting was deleted.

And no, I don't think it's a sin to post similar topics in the non-English forums. That's one of the reasons we have them.

And yes, you're right, I only replied to part of your message. Maybe because the pictures you posted stuck to my mind a little longer.
Sorry about that.

But your last remark is a bit over the top, no? As far as I know (and fully endorse), anyone can post here, whenever they feel like it.

Best, Evert

CHENOUMI (X)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Belated Thanks Oct 4, 2003

I was sidetracked and completely forgot to thank Pamela, Pablo, Jérôme, Jason and LinguaText [I liked your unedited version better]

Perils of irony, So true, Jack. Thanks
Monika, thanks
... See more
I was sidetracked and completely forgot to thank Pamela, Pablo, Jérôme, Jason and LinguaText [I liked your unedited version better]

Perils of irony, So true, Jack. Thanks
Monika, thanks for your kind words! (Well received, but I don't blush)

Have a nice week-end!

Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Now you have him on all angles Plus A homage to last week's forum posters

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »