Vetting of forum postings - is there a list of users that don't need to get approved?
Thread poster: Lany Chabot-Laroche
Lany Chabot-Laroche
Lany Chabot-Laroche  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:20
Member (2009)
English to French
Apr 28, 2009

Hello, I was wondering how the posting approval works?

I don't always check if my messages are approved, but sometimes they are approved several hours later when a question already has been answered or when my answer does not exactly fit where the tread is going anymore.

Is there a list of users that don't need to get approved depending on their post history (quality and/or frequency of posts)? Do I need to be a full member to get approved faster? Is it only for random
... See more
Hello, I was wondering how the posting approval works?

I don't always check if my messages are approved, but sometimes they are approved several hours later when a question already has been answered or when my answer does not exactly fit where the tread is going anymore.

Is there a list of users that don't need to get approved depending on their post history (quality and/or frequency of posts)? Do I need to be a full member to get approved faster? Is it only for random messages? How exactly does that work?

I can understand that there are some bad apples that post things that should not go on these forums, but I also find it unpratical to have to wait several hours to get a message across, it also makes replying to a particular person really difficult as he/she might not check that tread anymore if it is not on the top page.

Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-04-29 10:35 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 20:20
SITE STAFF
Forum post vetting Apr 28, 2009

Hello Lany,

This FAQ explains forum post vetting. With your identity verified, or with membership (or even better, both!), you forum posts will not require vetting. In general site moderators and staff try to vet posts as quickly as possible. Hope this helps clarify.

Best regards,

Jared

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vetting of forum postings - is there a list of users that don't need to get approved?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »