Jeovane Cazer
Jeovane Cazer  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 8, 2003

Olá a todos!!

Estou a procura de livros, em portugues e em Inglês, que fale sobre uma específica área da tradução, a Localização. Algum colega saberia de alguma informação a respeito? Estou muito interessado nesta categoria de tradução, que une a tecnologia da informação com a tradução.

Dorival Scaliante
Dorival Scaliante  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Localization book Apr 10, 2003

Hi!

I used to take a look (but I do not own it; I just wrote down the name, to try to purchase some day...) at this book, which has accurate reviews and techniques: Software Internationalization and Localization - an Introduction -- Emanuel Uren, Robert Howard, Tiziana Perinotti - VNR Computer Library - New York - ISBN 0.442.01498-8.

You may also want to take a look at this nice article \'Facets of Software Local
... See more
Hi!

I used to take a look (but I do not own it; I just wrote down the name, to try to purchase some day...) at this book, which has accurate reviews and techniques: Software Internationalization and Localization - an Introduction -- Emanuel Uren, Robert Howard, Tiziana Perinotti - VNR Computer Library - New York - ISBN 0.442.01498-8.

You may also want to take a look at this nice article \'Facets of Software Localization\', by by Per N. Dohler

at http://accurapid.com/journal/softloc.htm

I also looked at the bookstore www.livrariacultura.com.br (in Brazil, São Paulo), which has many good titles from abroad. A search by \'internationalization\' and \'localization\' shows some good hits.

Best Regards!

Dorival Santos Scaliante - Campinas SP - Brazil

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Livros:Localização/tropicalização

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »