Is there any location in internet to learn to translate from english to japanese
Thread poster: krishna mallick
krishna mallick
krishna mallick
India
Local time: 01:50
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2006

I want to learn to translate all types of documents and matters from english to japanese. Kindly inform me any internet site that teaches.

Regards,
mallick

Sergio Juárez García
Sergio Juárez García
Spain
Local time: 22:20
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
I think there is not... Feb 21, 2006

There are not (as far as I have browsed) any specfic web for translating into Japanese, and as far as I know, it is better that it is Japanese people who exclusively do that.

Completely bilingual people with Japanese + x-language combination could do direct and reverse translations. Hard to find they are, but children with an English mum and a Japanese dad do exist. I met someone who had as mother tongues Spanish and Japanese.

Japanese has a nice and cute complex hell
... See more
There are not (as far as I have browsed) any specfic web for translating into Japanese, and as far as I know, it is better that it is Japanese people who exclusively do that.

Completely bilingual people with Japanese + x-language combination could do direct and reverse translations. Hard to find they are, but children with an English mum and a Japanese dad do exist. I met someone who had as mother tongues Spanish and Japanese.

Japanese has a nice and cute complex hell of a grammar and vocabulary formation. Its translation into any other language, as you probably have experienced as translator, is a nice and difficult task (hehe more than translation English into Spanish, many would agree). I have learnt Japanese for 12 years now, and I can translate proficiently now from Japanese. I could learn it 20 or 30 years more, I doubt I would then try to translate into Japanese.

But it could be that my case, in any case, is not your case. Or any other's case! Please, I'd like to hear opinions too!
Collapse

Anders Olsson (X)
Anders Olsson (X)
Local time: 22:20
English to Swedish
+ ...
Have not searched but I believe there is not... Feb 23, 2006

I completely agree with Sergio that translation to Japanese should be made by native Japanese speakers. There are a few non-japanese people who speaks Japanese almost like a native speaker, but so far I have not met a single one that writes perfect or close to perfect Japanese.

To be able to translate professionally to japanese as a gaijin I guess it takes a genious or a person with two native languages. I neither of that but I hope my kids will be able to be true "double-natives"
... See more
I completely agree with Sergio that translation to Japanese should be made by native Japanese speakers. There are a few non-japanese people who speaks Japanese almost like a native speaker, but so far I have not met a single one that writes perfect or close to perfect Japanese.

To be able to translate professionally to japanese as a gaijin I guess it takes a genious or a person with two native languages. I neither of that but I hope my kids will be able to be true "double-natives" (Japanese and Swedish) when they get older...

My advice to Krishna would be to concentrate to translate from Japanese to English. I believe there should be enough job in that language pair anyway.

Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any location in internet to learn to translate from english to japanese

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »