Interpreting fees English to Italian
Thread poster: lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
Italian to English
Jul 13, 2013

At the end of July I will be interpreting for a rather well-known American singer/songwriter at what I think will be a press conference but may also be an audience Q&A. I will know more details soon. Years ago I did this work in NYC for very high profile Italian artists and entertainers, but nowadays I mostly do translating, so am a bit out of the fees loop for interpreting. I would appreciate any feedback you can offer about the current fee structure (a range--ballpark figures). I assume the f... See more
At the end of July I will be interpreting for a rather well-known American singer/songwriter at what I think will be a press conference but may also be an audience Q&A. I will know more details soon. Years ago I did this work in NYC for very high profile Italian artists and entertainers, but nowadays I mostly do translating, so am a bit out of the fees loop for interpreting. I would appreciate any feedback you can offer about the current fee structure (a range--ballpark figures). I assume the fee is calculated by the hour? Although this is a high profile assignment, I don't think a NYC fee is applicable, as the event takes place in a distincly un-cosmopolitan small town in Italy where I now live. Thanks.Collapse

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:41
Russian to English
+ ...
Hi. Jul 13, 2013

I would think something like $85/hr-- $700 per day. This should not be too high.

[Edited at 2013-07-13 11:52 GMT]

lisa kramer taruschio
lisa kramer taruschio  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:41
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Interpreting fee problem solved Jul 13, 2013

Thanks to those who replied; have also had responses from outher colleagues, so have arrived at a consensus for this particular job. Thanks again for your input.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting fees English to Italian

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »