Страниц в теме:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29] >
一个英国人的汉译英试译(以此接得某大项目)
Автор темы: Alan Wang
wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 16:29
китайский => английский
+ ...
More on the term "refrigeration" Mar 8, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigeration

Refrigeration is the process of removing heat from an enclosed space, or from a substance, and moving it to a place where it is unobjectionable. The primary purpose of refrigeration is lowering the temperature of the enclosed space or substance and then maintaining that lower temperature. The term cooling refers generally to any natural or artificial process by which heat is dissipated. The process of artificially producing extreme cold temperatures is referred to as cryogenics.

Cold is the absence of heat, hence in order to decrease a temperature, one "removes heat", rather than "adding cold." In order to satisfy the Second Law of Thermodynamics, some form of work must be performed to accomplish this. This work is traditionally done by mechanical work but can also be done by magnetism, laser or other means.

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
同意 Mar 9, 2009

dumont,

我同意 Yueyin 上面的分析. 你提出的几项"大的差错"基本上是没什么问题的.

1) Yueyin 的建议很好: "(such and such) is used in the kneading process for carbon products."

退而言之, 相比起来, "the process of kneading carbon products" 比 "in the processing of carbon products" 要明确得多.

2) Yes, I agree that "in which" is more grammatically correct. However, "between which" in this instance
... See more
dumont,

我同意 Yueyin 上面的分析. 你提出的几项"大的差错"基本上是没什么问题的.

1) Yueyin 的建议很好: "(such and such) is used in the kneading process for carbon products."

退而言之, 相比起来, "the process of kneading carbon products" 比 "in the processing of carbon products" 要明确得多.

2) Yes, I agree that "in which" is more grammatically correct. However, "between which" in this instance is also acceptable, especially colloquially. Actually, in my opinion "between which" makes for a clearer description of the mechanism because of the two-layer structure (or as Yueyin put it, "two walls") that forms the jacket.

3) Agree with Yueyin. The amount of raw material loaded into the kneader is determined by the weight differential measured before and after the loading. The term "loss-of-weight method" is understandable.

4) The terms "refrigeration" and "cooling" are both correct. Perhaps the translator preferred a bit of variation and used the term "refrigeration" among the multiple uses of "cool" and "cooling". IMO, strictly speaking, this step is exactly a process of "refrigerating", according to the term's definition on its wikipedia page.

5) "heating the kneaded paste" and "heating the kneading paste" are both correct. One is past tense, the other present progressive tense. Here's another example of usage of the latter ...

http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking/breads/Public_domain_Tom_Van_Deman_recipe.html

Place your bread machine pan in the machine correctly and turn the machine to one-rise-only bread cycle and turn on machine. Do not add any more liquids or flour. The dough will form a sticky ball around the spindle or spindles. With a wet spatula scrape down the sides of machine bowl to make sure all of the dry ingredients get into the kneading dough. As the machine begins the rise cycle, wet your hands and open the door and smooth the top of the dough until smooth, rewetting your hands as needed to keep from sticking to dough.

[Edited at 2009-03-09 00:33 GMT]
Collapse

nigerose
nigerose  Identity Verified
Китай
Local time: 05:29
китайский => английский
+ ...
再讨论 Mar 9, 2009

ysun和whterestip两位很热心,值得学习。
楼主,我贴出了链接,对不起,现在我把它撤销了。

再讨论一下refrigeration

http://www.answers.com/topic/refrigeration

The cooling of a space or substance below the environmental temperature. Mechanical refrigeration is primarily an application of thermodynamics wherein the coo
... See more
ysun和whterestip两位很热心,值得学习。
楼主,我贴出了链接,对不起,现在我把它撤销了。

再讨论一下refrigeration

http://www.answers.com/topic/refrigeration

The cooling of a space or substance below the environmental temperature. Mechanical refrigeration is primarily an application of thermodynamics wherein the cooling medium, or refrigerant, goes through a cycle so that it can be recovered for reuse. The commonly used basic cycles, in order of importance, are vapor-compression, absorption, steam-jet or steam-ejector, and air. Each cycle operates between two pressure levels, and all except the air cycle use a two-phase working medium which alternates cyclically between the liquid and vapor phases.

The term “refrigeration” is used to signify cooling below the environmental temperature to lower than about 150 K (−190°F; −123°C). The term “cryogenics” is used to signify cooling to temperatures lower than 150 K. See also Cryogenics.

一般的概念中,refrigeration都是指比较低的温度,所以对于楼主贴出的原文,最好还是不要用refrigeration来翻译。

[修改时间: 2009-03-09 00:54 GMT]

[修改时间: 2009-03-09 00:57 GMT]
Collapse

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
Another example Mar 9, 2009

There is no absolute upper bound temperature constraint in the concept of "refrigeration". Neither is there one on the lower side unless it gets into the range of cryogenics.

http://www.ajph.org/cgi/reprint/51/1/76.pdf

Recent investigations have shown that prompt refrigeration of hot foods resulted in faster internal cooling than did initial
cooling to room temperature followed by refrigeration.

[Edited at 2009-03-09 10:24 GMT]

nigerose
Китай
китайский => английский
+ ...
混捏机的结构 Mar 9, 2009

“混捏机的混捏腔是双层结构,双层结构的夹套内通温度180-280℃的循环使用的热导热油,加热混捏糊料”

我对混捏机的结构不了解,可能我理解错了。按照原文的表达,我的理解是混捏腔是双层的,腔内进行混捏操作,另有夹套对混捏腔进行加热。
但如ysun所说,双层是指双壁,双壁之间形成夹套。
不过原文“双层结构的夹套”的表达是含糊的甚至是不准确的。对于不懂专业的人来说就容易理解错,更不用说翻译了。

nigerose
Китай
китайский => английский
+ ...
冷冻;致冷;制冷;refrigeration Mar 9, 2009

wherestip wrote:

There is no absolute upper bound temperature constraints in the concept of "refrigeration". Neither is there one on the lower side unless it gets into the range of cryogenics.

http://www.ajph.org/cgi/reprint/51/1/76.pdf

Recent investigations have shown that prompt refrigeration of hot foods resulted in faster internal cooling than did initial
cooling to room temperature followed by refrigeration.

大学里学过制冷原理和食品冷冻学,据我残存的知识,“prompt refrigeration of hot foods”是对热的食品进行冷冻(急冻),需要用到类似冰箱的冷冻设备,而不是象楼主贴出的原文那样用“35-40℃的循环使用的冷导热油”。

冷冻;致冷;制冷;refrigeration
http://www.chemyq.com/xz/xz3/20974poibv.htm
又称致冷或制冷。人工产生低温(低于周围环境温度)的技术。普通使用。的冷冻方法有压缩式和吸收式两种。它们共同的基本原理是利用液体蒸发和气体膨胀时吸取四周的热量的作用来产生低温。此外还有半导体冷冻技术的研究。冷冻范围一般是约在-100℃以内。冷冻是现代冷藏事业的基础,易腐物品借以长期保存和远途运输。冷冻可为工业生产和科学研究创造低温条件。冷冻也是改善在高温下人们的生活和劳动条件的措施。研究冷冻原理以及如何应用于生产和生活中去的技术和操作,称做冷冻工程、制冷工程或制冷工程(refrigerating engineering)。

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
yes and no Mar 9, 2009

nigerose wrote:

大学里学过制冷原理和食品冷冻学,据我残存的知识,“prompt refrigeration of hot foods”是对热的食品进行冷冻(急冻),需要用到类似冰箱的冷冻设备,而不是象楼主贴出的原文那样用“35-40℃的循环使用的冷导热油”。

冷冻;致冷;制冷;refrigeration
http://www.chemyq.com/xz/xz3/20974poibv.htm
又称致冷或制冷。人工产生低温(低于周围环境温度)的技术。普通使用。的冷冻方法有压缩式和吸收式两种。它们共同的基本原理是利用液体蒸发和气体膨胀时吸取四周的热量的作用来产生低温。此外还有半导体冷冻技术的研究。冷冻范围一般是约在-100℃以内。冷冻是现代冷藏事业的基础,易腐物品借以长期保存和远途运输。冷冻可为工业生产和科学研究创造低温条件。冷冻也是改善在高温下人们的生活和劳动条件的措施。研究冷冻原理以及如何应用于生产和生活中去的技术和操作,称做冷冻工程、制冷工程或制冷工程(refrigerating engineering)。

I agree that "refrigeration" is mostly used in the sense of bringing the temperature down to below room temperature. But I wouldn't go as far as to say the translator used the term wrong in this context, even though the hot paste was only brought down to the low of 35-40 degrees Celsius.

I can refrigerate a scalding hot plate of food until it is edible.

[Edited at 2009-03-09 01:53 GMT]

nigerose
Китай
китайский => английский
+ ...
科技英语与一般英语的区别 Mar 9, 2009

wherestip wrote:

I agree that "refrigeration" is mostly used in the sense of bringing the temperature down to below room temperature. But I wouldn't go as far as to say the translator used the term wrong in this text, even though the hot paste was only brought down to the low of 35-40 degrees Celcius.

I can refrigerate a scalding hot plate of food until it is edible.

虽然在一般英语中refrigeration可以理解为cooling,但是在制冷学科中,refrigeration就是指人工产生低温(低于周围环境温度)的技术。
楼主贴出的内容属科技内容,严谨一点,还是不用refrigeration为好;严格来说,用refrigeration就是错误的。
这种不严谨的词语放在专利中,说不定会带来专利官司。很多专利官司其实就是对专利说明书抠字眼。

[修改时间: 2009-03-09 01:56 GMT]

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
difference of opinion Mar 9, 2009

nigerose wrote:

虽然在一般英语中refrigeration可以理解为cooling,但是在制冷学科中,refrigeration就是指人工产生低温(低于周围环境温度)的技术。
楼主贴出的内容属科技内容,严谨一点,还是不用refrigeration为好;严格来说,用refrigeration就是错误的。
这种不严谨的词语放在专利中,说不定会带来专利官司。很多专利官司其实就是对专利说明书抠字眼。

nigerose,

That is your opinion. And I have mine.

There are plenty of "refrigerate till cool" usages on the web. In this case the refrigeration process refers to cooling the hot paste down to 35-40 degrees Celsius. I insist that the translator did not use the term wrong.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/refrigerate?qsrc=2888

re·frig·er·ate (rĭ-frĭj'ə-rāt') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. re·frig·er·at·ed, re·frig·er·at·ing, re·frig·er·ates

1.To cool or chill (a substance).

[Edited at 2009-03-09 02:37 GMT]

nigerose
Китай
китайский => английский
+ ...
不算多 Mar 9, 2009

wherestip wrote:

nigerose,

That is your opinion. And I have mine.

There are plenty of "refrigerate till cool" usages on the web. In this case it is refrigerate till the paste cools down to 35-40 degrees Celsius.

google约有 227 项符合 “refrigerate till cool" 的查询结果,不算多。
而且大概查看了一下,基本上出现在日常食品制作的情景中,不是科技文章中。
还是要区分文体。

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
refrigerate till cool Mar 9, 2009

nigerose wrote:

nigerose,

google约有 227 项符合 “refrigerate till cool" 的查询结果,不算多。
而且大概查看了一下,基本上出现在日常食品制作的情景中,不是科技文章中。
还是要区分文体。

nigerose,

What exactly does 227 instances of usage mean to you?

To me it means that some people use the word in the sense defined by the entry I quoted from dictionary.com:

tr.v.
1. To cool or chill a substance.

nigerose
Китай
китайский => английский
+ ...
金属词霸释义 Mar 9, 2009

我电脑中的金属词霸释义如下:

re.frig.er.at.ed; re.frig.er.at.ing; re.frig.er.ates;
To cool or chill (a substance).
使冷却,使冷冻使(物质)冷却或冷冻
To preserve (food) by chilling.
冷冻保存通过冷冻来保存(食物)

可是,我学过的制冷知识让我觉得这里用refrigeration不顺眼,可能是一种直觉,也可能是一种先入为主的成见。但更是一种理智,认为在科技文体中,这里用refrigeration不合适。

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
理智 Mar 9, 2009

nigerose wrote:

我电脑中的金属词霸释义如下:

re.frig.er.at.ed; re.frig.er.at.ing; re.frig.er.ates;
To cool or chill (a substance).
使冷却,使冷冻使(物质)冷却或冷冻
To preserve (food) by chilling.
冷冻保存通过冷冻来保存(食物)

可是,我学过的制冷知识让我觉得这里用refrigeration不顺眼,可能是一种直觉,也可能是一种先入为主的成见。但更是一种理智,认为在科技文体中,这里用refrigeration不合适。

Hey, I'll let you have the last word on this. You are intelligent and I am not.

nigerose
Китай
китайский => английский
+ ...
翻译思维 Mar 9, 2009

我只是说明我的翻译思维,并不是说谁 intelligent。
您的精益求精的钻研精神值得我们学习。

wherestip
США
китайский => английский
+ ...
To cool a substance Mar 9, 2009

nigerose wrote:

我只是说明我的翻译思维,并不是说谁 intelligent。

I know. I was just kidding.

refrigerate 当 "冷却" 讲是常见的.

你可以查查, "refrigerate 5 minutes", "refrigerate till set" 网上用次就很多.

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Rita Pang[Call to this topic]
David Lin[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

一个英国人的汉译英试译(以此接得某大项目)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »