To all interested translators
Thread poster: Abdallah
Abdallah
Abdallah
English to Arabic
Sep 6, 2003

I am preparing an academic research in English-Arabic medical translation for the public. I am seeking volunteers to undertake a questionnaire that investigate the opinions of translators specialized in this field. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to the address below indicating if you would like to undertake the questionnaire by e-mail or fax . Please note that all participant’s names and addresses will be kept anonymous and will not be used for any purpose but to conduct the q... See more
I am preparing an academic research in English-Arabic medical translation for the public. I am seeking volunteers to undertake a questionnaire that investigate the opinions of translators specialized in this field. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to the address below indicating if you would like to undertake the questionnaire by e-mail or fax . Please note that all participant’s names and addresses will be kept anonymous and will not be used for any purpose but to conduct the questionnaire. Thank you for your cooperation. Send your e-mail now to [email protected]Collapse

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 07:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Ahalan wa sahalan... Sep 18, 2003

Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wamaa b3ad...

Hiyaakum Allah jamii3aan...

Today is Thursday, September 18, 2003.

I am responding to your post about your proposed research project.

Please furnish additional details about your research, and I can probably participate.... ahalan wa sahalan...

I am more an interpreter for medical / healthcare matters than a "medical translator." I do occasional translations, mainly about patient informat
... See more
Greetings... taHaiya Tayyiba wamaa b3ad...

Hiyaakum Allah jamii3aan...

Today is Thursday, September 18, 2003.

I am responding to your post about your proposed research project.

Please furnish additional details about your research, and I can probably participate.... ahalan wa sahalan...

I am more an interpreter for medical / healthcare matters than a "medical translator." I do occasional translations, mainly about patient information, medical history questionnaires, post-surgery instructions, medication protocols, and the like. I usually don't touch translations of clinical trial instructions or pharmacology subjects because of their complexity in the original English.

Most of my work involves on-site support as an interpreter / liaison / "waseet" for Arab and Kurdish patients (and accompanying families or retinues) during their clinic appointments or hospital stays.

Please e-mail your questionnaire and some background on your interesting project to me, and I'll get back to you... abshir.... 3la khaashmii..

FWIW, there are about ten Arabic English medical interpreters / translators here in the area of Los Angeles and Orange County (some others are also down in San Diego, but I don't have any totals). A few more practitioners up north -- around San Francisco and Seattle -- are outstanding and very competent.

Also, may I mention that our colleague here, Mr. Fuad Yahya, should be an excellent -- if not uniquely-experienced and expert -- resource for your research. He is a "nishmii min al-neshaameh" and has extensive background in medical translating and interpreting at a major facility in Texas. I value and respect Fuad's insights and advice, so you might contact him for his able assistance.

Hope this helps. Khair, in sha' Allah.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
(English Arabic,
Kurdish, and Farsi)

e-mail: < [email protected] >
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To all interested translators

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »