Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:43
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2006

Hello everyone,

I am using Trados 6.5 freelance and I came into a problem while translating a manual with heavy formatting, drawings, etc.

After I finished translating the text inside a box, I used the Tools > Macro > Twinclean in order to delete the original text and it worked, but afterwards I haven´t been able to open the next segment.

The following message appears in the lower frame of the word document:
"Tw4winfrom" or "Tw4winUpto" exists: use
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am using Trados 6.5 freelance and I came into a problem while translating a manual with heavy formatting, drawings, etc.

After I finished translating the text inside a box, I used the Tools > Macro > Twinclean in order to delete the original text and it worked, but afterwards I haven´t been able to open the next segment.

The following message appears in the lower frame of the word document:
"Tw4winfrom" or "Tw4winUpto" exists: use "Fix document" from the Trados menu.

Although I used the fix document function, it never worked.

Somebody knows a solution for this?

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Delete bookmarks May 4, 2006

If there are any Trados bookmarks (in Word: Insert menu > Bookmarks), you can delete them, and this should solve it.

Jørgen

Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, it worked!!! May 4, 2006

Hello Jorgen!

you´ve saved my translation, I was able to delete the bookmark with the instructions you sent me!

Have a great Thursday!

Maria
J Madsen wrote:

If there are any Trados bookmarks (in Word: Insert menu > Bookmarks), you can delete them, and this should solve it.

Jørgen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fixdocument

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »