Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:17
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
May 3, 2006

Hello everyone,

I am using Trados 6.5 freelance and I came into a problem while translating a manual with heavy formatting, drawings, etc.

After I finished translating the text inside a box, I used the Tools > Macro > Twinclean in order to delete the original text and it worked, but afterwards I haven´t been able to open the next segment.

The following message appears in the lower frame of the word document:
"Tw4winfrom" or "Tw4winUpto" exists: use
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am using Trados 6.5 freelance and I came into a problem while translating a manual with heavy formatting, drawings, etc.

After I finished translating the text inside a box, I used the Tools > Macro > Twinclean in order to delete the original text and it worked, but afterwards I haven´t been able to open the next segment.

The following message appears in the lower frame of the word document:
"Tw4winfrom" or "Tw4winUpto" exists: use "Fix document" from the Trados menu.

Although I used the fix document function, it never worked.

Somebody knows a solution for this?

Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Delete bookmarks May 4, 2006

If there are any Trados bookmarks (in Word: Insert menu > Bookmarks), you can delete them, and this should solve it.

Jørgen

Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, it worked!!! May 4, 2006

Hello Jorgen!

you´ve saved my translation, I was able to delete the bookmark with the instructions you sent me!

Have a great Thursday!

Maria
J Madsen wrote:

If there are any Trados bookmarks (in Word: Insert menu > Bookmarks), you can delete them, and this should solve it.

Jørgen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fixdocument

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »