Is SDL Desktop Products Premium Support Agreement (PSA) worth it?
Thread poster: Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky
Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:47
Member (2004)
English to French
Jun 14, 2006

Hi,
I bought the SDL Trados with the group and suddenly it offers me to buy also the SDL Desktop Products Premium Support Agreement (PSA). Is it worth it?

Nina

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:47
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
It depends on the offered price Jun 14, 2006

But for the price it was sold at Early Bird stage it is worth every cent I paid for it.

You should remember, that now without any support contract your querries will remain long time unanswered. And telephone questions are no longer possible. Before SDL bought Trados Trados support used to be much, much better. Now I have the impression, that without any support contract almost no support is provided - at least this was so between the deal between SDL and Trados and the moment I bou
... See more
But for the price it was sold at Early Bird stage it is worth every cent I paid for it.

You should remember, that now without any support contract your querries will remain long time unanswered. And telephone questions are no longer possible. Before SDL bought Trados Trados support used to be much, much better. Now I have the impression, that without any support contract almost no support is provided - at least this was so between the deal between SDL and Trados and the moment I bought the support package.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Nina Khmielnitzky
Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
What kind of support do you get Jun 14, 2006

Thanks.

Do the offer support if there is a function you don't understand or isn't working properly?

What else?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I got only suport in problem cases Jun 14, 2006

ie something was not working or not working properly.

But I never have asked for soemthing else

Regards
Jerzy

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More than that Jun 14, 2006

I have a Support & Maintenance Agreement (Team Pro version).

Most of the support request I have submitted were, in fact, related to problems with Word files - Trados Support were almost always able to help, or to suggest a workaround.

Best regards,
Ralf

Nina Khmielnitzky
Canada
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 14, 2006

For your comments.

Nina

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Recent experience of Trados Support Jun 15, 2006

Hi Nina,

I have no contract. I placed a question with Trados support on 3rd June, 2006 and received a - satisfactory and helpful - answer on 14th June, 2006.

I am also considering the contract now, because 11 days is a long time to wait for an answer. However, they are obliged to answer questions without you paying for a support contract (which, obviously, they do eventually).

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is SDL Desktop Products Premium Support Agreement (PSA) worth it?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »