Workflow issue - translating in Word and then running the memory onTagEditor
Thread poster: Andrew Waterer
Andrew Waterer
Andrew Waterer  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:27
Swedish to English
Jun 14, 2006

I am using Trados 7.1.0.719

I am a bit averse to the TagEditor environment. The reasons for this are many and include having to flick through all the recognised terms to get to the last one in a segment and not being able to use the capitalise the begining of a sentence macro in Word.

So when I have a job in TTX format I analyse the file export unknown segments to rtf and translate the file in Word. Run a spell check, edit and then open the TTX file and run translate t
... See more
I am using Trados 7.1.0.719

I am a bit averse to the TagEditor environment. The reasons for this are many and include having to flick through all the recognised terms to get to the last one in a segment and not being able to use the capitalise the begining of a sentence macro in Word.

So when I have a job in TTX format I analyse the file export unknown segments to rtf and translate the file in Word. Run a spell check, edit and then open the TTX file and run translate to fuzzy. Occasionaly tags need to be fixed but it runs pretty smoothly.

The issue is that a couple of customers when checking the work cannot differentiate newly translated segments (i.e mine) from legacy material.

Is there a recognised fix to differentiate my segments. My thinking is to give all my segments the ALIGN! and therefore penalise them.

The problem with that would be a) time spent exporting and editing the memory and b) time spent clicking through the segments in TagEditor.

Any ideas?
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Shouldn-t there be a time stamp Jun 14, 2006

I believe all segments in a TM are organised according to the time of last use.
I use the same workflow procedure.
Regards
Heinrich

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:27
Swedish to English
+ ...
Created by Jun 14, 2006

A variant on your ALIGN suggestion - before you load the TM, change the User ID in Workbench (via WB Settings) to something that identifies you, like your name or your initials. It is then easy to identify your contributions (in addition to the date and time as mentioned by Heinrich Pesch) and filter them as required.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workflow issue - translating in Word and then running the memory onTagEditor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »