Stefanie Neubert
Stefanie Neubert  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:24
English to German
+ ...
Mar 26, 2006

Due to a unprecise formulation I would like to give it a new try:

TagEditor changes the colored translation text (source text, 100 % matches, fuzzy matches) into black when opening the file.

The problem, that the text colors change as soon as I open the files in Tag Editor, remains (no matter what settings I put on the colors - as they are already black they stay black!).

That leads us to the question:
Why does Tag Editor change the color of the origi
... See more
Due to a unprecise formulation I would like to give it a new try:

TagEditor changes the colored translation text (source text, 100 % matches, fuzzy matches) into black when opening the file.

The problem, that the text colors change as soon as I open the files in Tag Editor, remains (no matter what settings I put on the colors - as they are already black they stay black!).

That leads us to the question:
Why does Tag Editor change the color of the original file?
Collapse

Brie Vernier
Brie Vernier  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:24
German to English
Have you downloaded the latest patch? Mar 26, 2006

Hi Stefanie,

I'm not certain at all, as I rarely use TagEditor, but I just happened to be on the download page today as I was thinking about installing the latest patch (about which Trados/SDLX sent me a notice in December). I briefly read through what it fixes and it seemed to apply mostly to TagEditor (and I believe I saw something about a color-switch problem), so I didn't download it. If you're using version 7.0 (or 7.1?) without the latest patch, you might try starting there.... See more
Hi Stefanie,

I'm not certain at all, as I rarely use TagEditor, but I just happened to be on the download page today as I was thinking about installing the latest patch (about which Trados/SDLX sent me a notice in December). I briefly read through what it fixes and it seemed to apply mostly to TagEditor (and I believe I saw something about a color-switch problem), so I didn't download it. If you're using version 7.0 (or 7.1?) without the latest patch, you might try starting there.

Good luck!

Brie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor changes text colors when opening the file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »