Retrieving Trados files recently worked on?
Thread poster: Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Local time: 10:16
French to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Dear all,

Yesterday was one of those days... Murphy striked hard! My external hard disk decided that he was unfit for this hard labour which I had forced onto him merely two years ago. Since I work on a reasonably old, but updated PC with limited disk space, I decided to use this external disk for the storage of all my essential files leaving the software files on the PC itself. I will try to recuperate my lost data through one of those data recuperation services (expensive I hear..
... See more
Dear all,

Yesterday was one of those days... Murphy striked hard! My external hard disk decided that he was unfit for this hard labour which I had forced onto him merely two years ago. Since I work on a reasonably old, but updated PC with limited disk space, I decided to use this external disk for the storage of all my essential files leaving the software files on the PC itself. I will try to recuperate my lost data through one of those data recuperation services (expensive I hear...), but in the mean time I would VERY MUCH like to recuperate the work of the last six days, since I have to deliver two large projects soon... I did backup the exported txt files of Trados and most of all the other really vital files, but my last backup is six days old.

I was once told that files you work on with Trados are stored in a separate well hidden temporary file, but I don't seem to retrieve this file... Also, one of the files I worked on was rather large and kept crashing, so I am hoping that there would at least be a trace of this Word huge file somewhere...

Can anyone help or give any suggestions at all?

By the way: I work on Windows XP, Office 2003 professional and Trados 7.

Thank you enormously!!!

Ann

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-03-21 07:49]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Retrieving Trados files recently worked on?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »