Trados source field scrolling in Word
Thread poster: piotrsut
piotrsut
piotrsut  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:13
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2006

Sorry if this has been asked, but I am not very skilled at the Proz search function.

The thing is that, when I translate, I like to see my source sentence within word. Sometimes it stays on top of the window, but sometimes it stubbornly goes off-screen all the time, having me reach for the mouse for a second at each sentence, which I find distracting. Is there any way I can make sure it stays where it should be?

No, I don't like using the trados window for that purpose
... See more
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am not very skilled at the Proz search function.

The thing is that, when I translate, I like to see my source sentence within word. Sometimes it stays on top of the window, but sometimes it stubbornly goes off-screen all the time, having me reach for the mouse for a second at each sentence, which I find distracting. Is there any way I can make sure it stays where it should be?

No, I don't like using the trados window for that purpose.

Thanks in advance,

Piotr
Collapse

Gusztáv Jánvári
Gusztáv Jánvári  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Long TUs? Mar 21, 2006

If the cause why source gets off-screen may be the length of the translation units, you may try zoom out the document.

hth,
em

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:13
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Normal view Mar 21, 2006

If you work on the files in Normal view instead of the Print Layout, this problem should disappear.

HTH!
Heike

piotrsut
piotrsut  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Danke Mar 21, 2006

Thanks Heike!

It does seem to help, although I've been trying to use both views before, at one point Trados even forced normal view on me. Still fighting with this beast

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Normal view is recommended for Workbench Mar 21, 2006

piotrsut wrote:

at one point Trados even forced normal view on me.

Hi Piotr,

From page 93 of the Trados Workbench manual:

>
Always work in Normal view rather than in Page Layout or Outline view.When you work in Normal view,Word does not have to repaginate each time you start translating a new sentence.
To set Normal view,select Normal on the View menu in Word.
>

If you are working on a long document, repagination can take some time.

HTH

Giles

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados source field scrolling in Word

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »