problem importing Trados 5 file
Thread poster: maryrose
maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2006

Hi eveyone, please forgive a questio from a subsistence-level Trados user. I have 6.5.2.417 (build 417).

In trying to import an earlier version (5) file, when I get to Open Import File, the window is empty though the "Look in" is displaying the correct directory. When I type in the name of the TM, all five files drop down. Not knowing which should be used (I would have assumed all) I have tried each of them and end up with a string of zeroes at the end of the import process - n
... See more
Hi eveyone, please forgive a questio from a subsistence-level Trados user. I have 6.5.2.417 (build 417).

In trying to import an earlier version (5) file, when I get to Open Import File, the window is empty though the "Look in" is displaying the correct directory. When I type in the name of the TM, all five files drop down. Not knowing which should be used (I would have assumed all) I have tried each of them and end up with a string of zeroes at the end of the import process - not.

Where am I going wrong?

Many thanks
Maryrose
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:50
English to German
+ ...
Create an export file first Mar 17, 2006

Hi Maryrose,
You cannot import a TM file (or any of the four accompanying index files) directly - you need to create an export file (.txt) from the old TM first (File - Export).

HTH, Ralf

maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:20
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try it Mar 17, 2006

Thanks very much Ralf, I'll give it a try.

Maryrose

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem importing Trados 5 file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »