Thread poster: Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:36
German to English
+ ...
Mar 16, 2006

My first problem with Trados (using registered version 7, with Windows XP)

I translated most of a text German ->US English in Word using Workbench until a tag became corrupt and Trados stopped working. i.e it wouldn't save the segment, nor close it. "Repair document" didn't work, either.I couldn't repair the tag, so I decided to go back to the original, save it under a new name and auto-translate to the point where Trados had stopped. But for some reason no previiously translated ta
... See more
My first problem with Trados (using registered version 7, with Windows XP)

I translated most of a text German ->US English in Word using Workbench until a tag became corrupt and Trados stopped working. i.e it wouldn't save the segment, nor close it. "Repair document" didn't work, either.I couldn't repair the tag, so I decided to go back to the original, save it under a new name and auto-translate to the point where Trados had stopped. But for some reason no previiously translated target segment is showing up in Workbench.

Back to the partially translated document to try getting past the logjam of the corrupted tag: I am now getting "Different target in TM. Use "Get" to updaate document or "Set" to update TM, even though this should have been recorded in the TM from the first run-through.

How do I get the first segments into the TM? Or what appears to be the problem here? I used the TagEditor last, and had to change some settings, so that could be the problem, and I don't know how to get back the ones that had worked until now.

TIA for your help.

[Edited at 2006-03-16 22:02]

[Edited at 2006-03-16 22:20]
Collapse

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:36
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I've solved the problem Mar 17, 2006

I managed to fix the corrupt tab by copying and pasting from the original, so at least I could finish the bilingual text. A TM can always be created from the bilingual file, if the client wants it. I used some of the helpful hints in Helena's thread (just before this one), even though the problem was a bit different. So thanks to those contributors from me, too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help needed re TM not recording translation as it should

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »