Auteur du fil: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:53
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Feb 23, 2006

Hello all!
I have vigorously translated about 3 booklets. Steps undergone are conversion of .fm files into .mif, s-tagging and tag editor ,cleaning, font mapping and tried to open in FM, but it says this doesn´t go. I am breaking my head about this since 3 hours, what possibly could I have done wrong. Can someone help. Best regars, Brandis

Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 17:53
anglais vers vietnamien
Convert rtf back to mif using S-Tagger Feb 23, 2006

Hi Brandis,

When I translate FM file, after cleaning I never need font mapping step. Just convert the rtf back to mif using S-Tagger.

Truc

Brandis wrote:

Hello all!
I have vigorously translated about 3 booklets. Steps undergone are conversion of .fm files into .mif, s-tagging and tag editor ,cleaning, font mapping and tried to open in FM, but it says this doesn´t go. I am breaking my head about this since 3 hours, what possibly could I have done wrong. Can someone help. Best regars, Brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
also done Feb 23, 2006

Truc Tran wrote:

Hi Brandis,

When I translate FM file, after cleaning I never need font mapping step. Just convert the rtf back to mif using S-Tagger.

Truc

Brandis wrote:

Hello all!
This was also done further the stf function was also executed. I have repeatedly tried these routines, the files didn´t budge. Brandis

Rebecca Lowery
Rebecca Lowery  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 11:53
français vers anglais
Have all the files definitely been cleaned up? Feb 23, 2006

I can never get rtfs to convert to mifs if the files haven't been cleaned up in Trados. Also are the paths you have specified in s-tagger correct?
I'm just trying to think of different things for you to try!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Membre (2003)
polonais vers allemand
+ ...
What is your exact problem? Feb 23, 2006

Please try to specify, if you are getting erros while converting the files using S-Tagger or the files are already converted to MIF and Framemaker is not able to open them?
In the frist case you should got some error messages - analysing them is usually helpfull. For te second case this is the wrong forum...

As for cleaned or uncleaned files to convert: this usually does not matter. S-Tagger converts both cleaned and uncleaned RTFs to MIF, if you did not damage or delete TAGs
... See more
Please try to specify, if you are getting erros while converting the files using S-Tagger or the files are already converted to MIF and Framemaker is not able to open them?
In the frist case you should got some error messages - analysing them is usually helpfull. For te second case this is the wrong forum...

As for cleaned or uncleaned files to convert: this usually does not matter. S-Tagger converts both cleaned and uncleaned RTFs to MIF, if you did not damage or delete TAGs (well, you can even delete TAGs, paragraph marks and so on - but this is a different case, not to be discussed here and now).

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
.rtf files issue Feb 23, 2006

Rebecca Lowery wrote:

I can never get rtfs to convert to mifs if the files haven't been cleaned up in Trados. Also are the paths you have specified in s-tagger correct?
I'm just trying to think of different things for you to try!
Hi! thank you for the help. You seem to have more experience than I do. Infact this happened to me for the first time. There were three file sets ( 3 manuals) the last file set upon cleaning the .ttx file had resulted in .mif, so there were no problems. The other two sets i.e, 1 and 2nd are resulting in .rtf files. I have checked all path and filter settings, nothing seems to be wrong. I have processed the FM files a few hundred times, but this never had happened to me before. So I have tried also the 7.1 version. Trados settings are apparently right.
Sorry for the wrong alarm in Trados forum, initially as I started with the first set and got the r.rtf files I thought the trouble was with Trados 7.0. Now it is yet unclear, why one file set gets through and the others don´t. I have prompted my outsourcer about this and have not recd. any reply yet. The finalized files shipment is already overdue and I am here without any workable solution. Brandis

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
problem solved Feb 24, 2006

I just copied the source files to another comp and folder and bilingual .ttx files and started from there working with S-Tagger. Well on the older comp. whatever I did, that program stayed stuck to the initial paths, which created a lot of confusion and almost 25 hours unrest. Thank you for all the help. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

reconversion of .mif into .fm files is creating big headache

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »