投稿者: Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
ドイツ
Local time: 04:06
英語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
Feb 9, 2006

Recently I had a job that included Excel files. My version of Trados 5.5 would not do the trick even though I can translate PowerPoint. Why is such an expensive program not good enough when it comes to basics and not even the nitty-gritty stuff?

pcovs
pcovs
デンマーク
英語 から デンマーク語
Upgrade. Feb 9, 2006

What exactly was the reason why you couldn't use Trados 5.5 for translating the file?

Are you sure Trados 5.5 is supposed to be capable of handling Excel files?

Sorry, I forgot something. I meant to say that I know for sure that Trados 6.5 and 7 will do the trick in several ways, so perhaps an upgrade is what you need?

[Edited at 2006-02-09 19:09]

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
ドイツ
英語 から ドイツ語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot upgrade Feb 10, 2006

You may be right in saying that 5.5. does not do the trick. I also read on the Trados webpage that one can no longer upgrade the 5.5. version. I need to check this out with them.

Thanks anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel files in Trados 5.5

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »