Problem with new installation of TRADOS 7.1 (build 719)
Thread poster: Lagom
Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:01
Swedish to English
Dec 27, 2005

I have just upgraded from Freelance 6.5 to 7.1 and am having the following problem. I create a new translation memory in workbench (Swe-Eng) and then when I click on either the 'open' or 'open get' buttons in the TRADOS menu in Word (2003) nothing happens in the Word document and at the same time a message appears in the status bar of workbench 'previous request not yet finished'. I would appreciate any urgent advice on how to
... See more

I have just upgraded from Freelance 6.5 to 7.1 and am having the following problem. I create a new translation memory in workbench (Swe-Eng) and then when I click on either the 'open' or 'open get' buttons in the TRADOS menu in Word (2003) nothing happens in the Word document and at the same time a message appears in the status bar of workbench 'previous request not yet finished'. I would appreciate any urgent advice on how to resolve this problem as I have a deadline to meet. Many thanks, Ben Love.

An hour or so later... I have read countless articles on various sites on the web about the dreaded 'previous request not yet finished' and tried all the solutions and 'workarounds' suggested. I have not resolved the problem but through trial and error I have found that by copying and pasting the text from Word into Wordpad and back into a new Word document I lose all but the very basic formatting (luckily my source text is a basic one and not formatting dependent) and with the creation of a new TM I can get workbench to function. I have experimented on other Word files and the initial problem is still repeating itself so any suggestions are very welcome as I need to resolve this ASAP.

[Edited at 2005-12-27 03:16]

[Edited at 2005-12-27 03:17]
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:01
English to French
+ ...
Try this Dec 27, 2005

I would try installing 7.0 first, "converting" my memories to 7.0 format and then installing 7.1 (after having uninstalled 7.0, as it is required in order for 7.1 to install properly).

I have installed it successfully on both my PC and laptop, and everything works smoothly.

Best of luck!

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:01
English to Czech
+ ...
Same problem Dec 27, 2005

I had the same problem and started a similar thread:
http://www.proz.com/topic/40511

Converting the TM to the 7.0 format didn't help.

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Viktoria Dec 28, 2005

ViktoriaG wrote:

I would try installing 7.0 first, "converting" my memories to 7.0 format and then installing 7.1 (after having uninstalled 7.0, as it is required in order for 7.1 to install properly).

I have installed it successfully on both my PC and laptop, and everything works smoothly.

Best of luck!

Hi Viktoria,

Thanks for your suggestions. The 7.1 installation was a 'clean installation' and I was using a new TM.

Lagom
Lagom  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Hynek Dec 28, 2005

Hynek Palatin wrote:

I had the same problem and started a similar thread:
http://www.proz.com/topic/40511

Converting the TM to the 7.0 format didn't help.

Thanks Hynek, the responses on your related thread were very useful. Ben.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »