Import TM into Multiterm
Thread poster: iamsara
iamsara
iamsara
Local time: 00:07
English to Spanish
Nov 15, 2005

Hi all, I´ve been looking for this issue in the archives but I haven´t found anything.

My question is: is there any way to convert a TM into a Multiterm database?

The thing is, my TM is mostly single terms, and it would be great to use it as a database.

I hope you could give me a hand.

Thanka

Dubloc

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Word Nov 16, 2005

Hello,

you can export your TM to an TXT file and convert this file with search/replace actions to the Multiterm Import format.

Hans

iamsara
iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
MT Import format Nov 16, 2005

Thanks Hans, but could you further explain the process of search/replace to get to MT Import format? I´m familiarized with TM txt export files, but I´m not very sure about MT since I´ve only imported data with MT Convert.

Dubloc

DSC wrote:

Hello,

you can export your TM to an TXT file and convert this file with search/replace actions to the .

Hans

Paweł Pachnik
Paweł Pachnik
Poland
Member (2023)
English to Polish
+ ...
MT import format Nov 17, 2005

Hi,
This link should be helpful - http://www.proz.com/howto/49.

Cheers,
Paul

iamsara
iamsara
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Splitting TM in 2 columns? Nov 17, 2005

Thanks Paul, bit it explains how to convert a table into MT format. What I want to know is how to convert from the exported file from a TM to MT import file, preferably to import it with MT Convert. I can think of using a .xls file: pasting the original language in one column and the translation once you pass the TM to the original document on a second column, and then importing to MT.

However, I´d like to know if there´s an easier way to do it.

Thanks

Paul Pachnik wrote:

Hi,
This link should be helpful - http://www.proz.com/howto/49.

Cheers,
Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Import TM into Multiterm

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »