Laurent Slowack
Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:10
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2005

Dear all,

I have been translating for a start in TagEditor on .xml files, however I did not find any DTD-setting for such files and use the HTML one. Is that 'wrong'?
Second, now I have just received a ini file from the client and don't know where to activate it. The Workbench, Multiterm and Concordancy seem to function all right.
Any feedback would be most welcome.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:10
English to German
+ ...
XML is fundamentally different Oct 3, 2005

Hi Laurent,
I have been translating for a start in TagEditor on .xml files, however I did not find any DTD-setting for such files and use the HTML one. Is that 'wrong'?

Yes in principle - the very essence of XML is that the elements and tags are defined by the author. As a consequence, it is virtually impossible to define a 'standard' DTD.

Second, now I have just received a ini file from the client and don't know where to activate it. The Workbench, Multiterm and Concordancy seem to function all right.

They would, but it's very likely that XML elements aren't properly recognised.

To add a DTD/.ini, go to Tools - Tag Settings, and click on the Open... button.

HTH, Ralf

Laurent Slowack
Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:10
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DTD settings completed Oct 3, 2005

Most useful help, many thanks.
If it were that easy to find it in the documentation, I'd be in heaven... not in Trados.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:10
English to German
+ ...
File Formats Reference Guide Oct 4, 2005

Hi again,
Have you had a look at the chapter dealing sith various mark-up language file formats in the File Formats Reference Guide, which is part of your installation?

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DTD-settings for .xml in Trados 7

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »