Any experienced French SDH Subtitlers around for advice?
Thread poster: christine bouquin
christine bouquin
christine bouquin  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:55
German to French
+ ...
Sep 12, 2021

Hello,

I am a French Translator / Subtitler and in the last few years I have been working a lot on SDH French too.
I have been QCed by different French SDH QCers and from one to the other, the corrections are contradictory. So there are some grey areas and confusion about some rules.
It would be great to share with other SDH French experts to get some feeback/opinions on grey areas.

J'attends de vos nouvelles avec impatience!
Merci!

Veronica Montserrat
Veronica Montserrat
France
Member (2020)
English to French
+ ...
. Sep 14, 2021

[Edited at 2021-09-14 20:05 GMT]

Sylvano
Sylvano
English to French
Le client est roi Sep 20, 2021

Why not ask your various clients for a specific guideline? Even if there are universal rules, some elements may vary according to broadcasters. And in the end, it's your client you have to satisfy, don't you?

Veronica Montserrat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any experienced French SDH Subtitlers around for advice?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »