Thread poster: Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane  Identity Verified
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
Jul 31, 2011

Dear All,

I am wondering if anyone could suggest me and help out to know that what tools does the Software Localization company use for engineering of software while internationalization of software?

Does they use the same translator's tools like Trados tools and others.

Thanks everyone in advance...

Regards,
Pradeep Neupane

Multilizer
Multilizer
Local time: 16:51
For localizing software Aug 1, 2011

Hello Pradeep

I think TRADOS can not do much engineering, e.g. modifying the software layout during translation.

I represent a company that makes "Multilizer" which is a tool intended for localizing software.

Best regards

Niko
--
MULTILIZER
Niko Papula
Managing Director

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
Local time: 15:51
English to German
... and many others ... Aug 1, 2011

Beside the tool mentioned in the last post you will find many other visual localization tools on the market like Catalyst, RC WinTrans, Lingobit Localizer, Sisulizer, Visual Localize, SDL Passolo and some other tools.

For internationalization support you should take a look at Lingoport Globalyzer.

You should evaluate what is best for your specific needs.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

Pradeep Neupane
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
localization engineering Aug 2, 2011

Thank you, Multilizer.

Please let me know Multilizer is freely available or not?

If not can you provide me?

Thanks.

Regards,
Pradeep.

Pradeep Neupane
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
localization engineering Aug 2, 2011

Thank you so much Achim.

Will contact you in case of any confusion.

Regards,
Pradeepl.

Multilizer
Multilizer
Local time: 16:51
Your question about Multilizer Aug 2, 2011

Hello Pradeep and others

You asked about Multilizer. I already sent you a private message but here are some answers in public too.

Multilizer localization tool is not free, the price range is from below EUR 100 to several thousand EUR, depending on the requirements and business benefits that one seeks.

Best regards

Niko
--
MULTILIZER
Niko Papula
Managing Director

Joanna Dlugokecka
Joanna Dlugokecka  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:51
English to Polish
+ ...
Multilizer big files Aug 3, 2011

But I heard Multilizer does not support importing bigger files and only Passolo and RC Wintrans do.

localization tools Aug 4, 2011

Hi Pradeep,

I used many software localization tools for different requirement. I think first, you need to know what' your requirement. For a small software, a big project, multi-language project, or all products release at the same time(enu build need to update everyday). Now i am using the SDL Passolo Tools for a project. i think the Passolo is very strong. it support extended function. we can write scripts for some special requirement.

Best Regards,

... See more
Hi Pradeep,

I used many software localization tools for different requirement. I think first, you need to know what' your requirement. For a small software, a big project, multi-language project, or all products release at the same time(enu build need to update everyday). Now i am using the SDL Passolo Tools for a project. i think the Passolo is very strong. it support extended function. we can write scripts for some special requirement.

Best Regards,

James
Collapse

sivaji
sivaji
India
James, could you suggest me a tool for doing ..pre and post processing files for translation.. curre Oct 15, 2013

just_mylife wrote:

Hi Pradeep,

Best Regards,

James

Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
Local time: 15:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
... Oct 18, 2013

Probably SDL Passolo is the more advanced tool out there.
But there are many more.

Vanessa Brandao
Vanessa Brandao
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Software localization Oct 18, 2013

Hello,

I would agree and also recommend SDL Passolo

I hope to speak to you soon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Softwaree Localization Engineering tools- suggestion

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »