Aybige Alpayım
Aybige Alpayım  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:24
English to Turkish
+ ...
Aug 19, 2018

Hello all,

On 10th of August, I withdrew 400 USD from my skrill account to my bank. Normally it takes a day or maximum two days. But this time it was rejected by my bank, so when I contacted bank 2 days later, they told me it was returned to an intermediary bank that I have never heard of. I had to trace the money and I found out that yes first, it was sent to an intermediary bank and then another intermediary agent called Transfast (never heard of them either). I contacted skrill
... See more
Hello all,

On 10th of August, I withdrew 400 USD from my skrill account to my bank. Normally it takes a day or maximum two days. But this time it was rejected by my bank, so when I contacted bank 2 days later, they told me it was returned to an intermediary bank that I have never heard of. I had to trace the money and I found out that yes first, it was sent to an intermediary bank and then another intermediary agent called Transfast (never heard of them either). I contacted skrill so many times via e-mail or phone. I had to call their USA customer service because they don't have a decent support team in my country. They don't answer e-mails at all, they are just saying they will inform me but they don't. Skrill should be able to trace my money I think but instead they keep messaging me that they will inform me. I was wondering are there any of you with similar experience? If yes, did you finally receive your money and how long did you wait?

Thanks,
Aybige
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:24
English to French
+ ...
US sanctions against Turkey Aug 19, 2018

Could that have possibly been caused by the sanctions against Turkey announced recently by the US Government???

I don't know the specifics about these sanctions, but the timing is suspicious.

[Edited at 2018-08-19 20:47 GMT]

Aybige Alpayım
Aybige Alpayım  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:24
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don’t think so Aug 19, 2018

I don’t think so because my friends got their payments as usual on the same day or within few days. But I am the one having this issue with skrill and if you read reviews about skrill customer care, they are pretty slow. Plus I could not get a decent answer from any of them. Although when I google this issue, there are lots of similar cases. So maybe there is someone here with a similar experience as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bad experience with skrill

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »