Spence Green  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:57
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Release of English<>Portuguese Feb 24, 2016

As promised, we've expanded language support to include EnglishPortuguese. Baseline translation quality looks very competitive relative to the major online systems. Prefix tuning---a procedure that we'll describe in a paper later this year---also helps for this language pair.

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:57
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Any updates on Lilt? Oct 9, 2018

Are there any recent updates on Lilt ? language pairs, functionality, etc.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:57
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Has your MT output quality improved yet? Jan 15, 2019

That's my main question. For me at least, there's no point trying your interesting UI/tricks (again) until you can provide MT output that is as good as DeepL, Google Translate and ModernMT.

SDL's adaptive MT offering suffers from the same problem: the terrible base quality of their MT output negates any potential gains offered by the cool adaptivity features.

My current favourite MT tool is ModernMT (used inside MateCat), which offers adaptivity + good base quality.
... See more
That's my main question. For me at least, there's no point trying your interesting UI/tricks (again) until you can provide MT output that is as good as DeepL, Google Translate and ModernMT.

SDL's adaptive MT offering suffers from the same problem: the terrible base quality of their MT output negates any potential gains offered by the cool adaptivity features.

My current favourite MT tool is ModernMT (used inside MateCat), which offers adaptivity + good base quality.

https://www.modernmt.eu/
https://www.matecat.com/support/advanced-features/modernmt-mmt-plug/

Michael
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Lilt Jan 15, 2019

Lilt the CAT tool and its adaptive MT do not seem to be available for translators who are not collaborating with Lilt the translation company.

They have changed their business model widely.

[Edited at 2019-01-15 17:58 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lilt: interactive stat MT for translators

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »