How to add a field code in a TO3000 template?
Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 14, 2011

Dear colleagues

I need to include bank information and the client reference number in the Invoice template of one of my clients.

I thought that the client reference number was:
Client Code: \CLIENT_REF\

But inserting \CLIENT_REF\ is not working. The invoice shows \CLIENT_REF\ not the info I need.

Also, I'm not quite sure on how I have to insert the fields for payments (bank account #, paypal, etc.). I have already edited the Payment
... See more
Dear colleagues

I need to include bank information and the client reference number in the Invoice template of one of my clients.

I thought that the client reference number was:
Client Code: \CLIENT_REF\

But inserting \CLIENT_REF\ is not working. The invoice shows \CLIENT_REF\ not the info I need.

Also, I'm not quite sure on how I have to insert the fields for payments (bank account #, paypal, etc.). I have already edited the Payment Methods in the Business Setting tags, but I don't know how to use that info.

Regards

Clarisa
Collapse

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not very intuitive Nov 14, 2011

I love TO3000 but one of its problem is it's not very intuitive, so setting up customized reports, queries, etc., is difficult. However they have very good technical support and whenever you ask them for help they are very quick to answer.

If by client reference you mean the "Client Ref." field at the top right hand corner of the client job screen the code is \DTLINKJOBS:CJOB_CLCODE\

I'm sorry but I don't know the codes for the payments, but like I said if you contact T
... See more
I love TO3000 but one of its problem is it's not very intuitive, so setting up customized reports, queries, etc., is difficult. However they have very good technical support and whenever you ask them for help they are very quick to answer.

If by client reference you mean the "Client Ref." field at the top right hand corner of the client job screen the code is \DTLINKJOBS:CJOB_CLCODE\

I'm sorry but I don't know the codes for the payments, but like I said if you contact TO3000 support they will assist you.
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:18
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Client reference issue solved! Nov 15, 2011

Thanks, Alex. It was exactly what I was looking for. Now the next step is to find out the payment codes!

Regards

Clarisa

Nicolas Bianchi
Nicolas Bianchi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
How did you find out? Feb 17, 2017

Hi Clarisa and Alex.

I dug out this older thread as I had exactly the same problem today.

First time I had a code issue, I got the answer from the official software support.

In this very case, my logic was the same as Clarisa's (I suppose): I generated a Job overview with the Job template and saw that the "\CLIENT_REF\" code worked there.
But once copied in the Invoice template, that code didn't work anymore.
\DTLINKJOBS:CJOB_CLCODE\ worked inde
... See more
Hi Clarisa and Alex.

I dug out this older thread as I had exactly the same problem today.

First time I had a code issue, I got the answer from the official software support.

In this very case, my logic was the same as Clarisa's (I suppose): I generated a Job overview with the Job template and saw that the "\CLIENT_REF\" code worked there.
But once copied in the Invoice template, that code didn't work anymore.
\DTLINKJOBS:CJOB_CLCODE\ worked indeed!

To Alex:
How did you find out what code needed to be inserted in the invoice template for it to work?
I'd really like to be able to deal with similar situations on my own in the future.

Thanks for you 2011 answer, and thanks in advance for providing me with more details

Nicolas
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
common template variables Feb 17, 2017

Nicolas Bianchi wrote:

How did you find out what code needed to be inserted in the invoice template for it to work?

I think you're looking for variables.

Common variables are listed in TO3000 help.
Go to Help, and search for "common template variables"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add a field code in a TO3000 template?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »