Studio 2017 is very slow to update main TM - why?
Thread poster: Andrey Vinokurov
Andrey Vinokurov
Andrey Vinokurov
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:54
English to Russian
Aug 14, 2017

Hello!

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2017 14.0.5889.5 on extremely fast notebook (Core i7, SSD, RAM 12 GB, etc.) with Windows 10.
Unfortunately, my Studio 2017 is very slow to update main TM - it takes 40-50 minutes to update TM from 200 files with 15 000 translated words.
The process is slow only the 1st time, 2nd run with same files goes pretty fast.
I stopped Windows Defender (the only AV software I use), and Windows firewall, with no success.

My gu
... See more
Hello!

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2017 14.0.5889.5 on extremely fast notebook (Core i7, SSD, RAM 12 GB, etc.) with Windows 10.
Unfortunately, my Studio 2017 is very slow to update main TM - it takes 40-50 minutes to update TM from 200 files with 15 000 translated words.
The process is slow only the 1st time, 2nd run with same files goes pretty fast.
I stopped Windows Defender (the only AV software I use), and Windows firewall, with no success.

My guess is the issue is somewhere in Windows 10 and/or placing TM on SSD. I have the same Studio version installed on old PC with Win7, and there the update with same files and same TM is fast.

Actually, the same case is described here, with no solution:
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/t/12322

Any ideas, maybe?
Many thanks in advance!
Collapse

Andrey Vinokurov
Andrey Vinokurov
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:54
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 14, 2017

Problem solved by turning off "Align new content automatically" checkbox in 'Fragment alignment' tab of TM settings.

kirtliu
kirtliu
Taiwan
English to Chinese
this really helps~~ Oct 18, 2018

Oh my god this is save my day~~~~~~updating 2017 TM is really killing me and now it's faster.....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 is very slow to update main TM - why?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »